May 09, 2012

Trip 23+: Dresden, Germany

Trip date: March 24-25, April 13-15, May 5-6, June 13-15

Dresden - a city I know because of Slaughterhouse-Five but a city that has become much more to me than a historic bombing site. It is full of art and full of love.

All in attendance: Kristen

Because of an easyjet Basel-Dresden flight and that Dresden is always 60-90€ away with a Mitfahrgelegenheit, it is so easy for me to indulge and visit Eric on a whim - especially before we are a 9+ hour flight away.

Cue: Currywurst, Dresden old town, affordable delicious restaurants, more street art than you can process, German bakery, Elbe river, adorable bars/cake shops, a surprise "Kurt Vonnegut Dresden Tour", drum and bass bars and beautiful weekend getaways.

Dresden is right up there for places I would want to live but that's probably likely due to the fact I always have someone there to show me around.



Cool fact: there's a crazy bike path that goes from Prague through Dresden, Hamburg and other German cities.

Also, one time my friend Steffen made me a cake.